Monday, May 9, 2011

New Assistant Job and The Devil Wears Prada

For some exciting news in my life I recently got a new job! I'm extermely excited, I have been searching for a 'real job' with normal hours and very little crazy demands (i.e. buy a toothbrush at midnight in the middle of Downtown L.A.) By nature, I am a very paranoid person, I worry about the smallest things and stress out about almost everything. There are times that I can see every bad outcome by just one small insignificant action that I might end up doing. So, obviously I am freaking out over what little screw ups I am going to end up doing.

The job position isn't glamours, but none of them really are, I will be an assistant at a management agency. However, I recently just re-watched 'The Devil Wears Prada' and the whole time I couldn't help but thinking if my life for the next year would be just like Andy Sachs'. Now, I know none of the managers are like the Dragon Lady, but of course being me I couldn't help to worry.



In honor of my new job and my paranoia here is the lovely fashion from 'The Devil Wears Parda', no matter how old this film gets I still would kill to have 99.9% of the outfits shown throughout the film. Let's also not forget that Patricia Field was the costume designer for the film. She has worked on films and shows, like 'Sex and the City', 'Ugly Betty' and 'Confessions of a Shopaholic'.



Unfortunately, I won't be working at a fashion magazine so I won't be able to raid their closet and get to take home all their clothes like Andy did. If only I was able to have a green coat like her's!



I loved Emily Blunt's hair color in this film, the red looked rather lovely against her fair skin. I also noticed that they put her in a lot of blue outfits and gave her an 'edgy' look compared to Anne Hathaway.



My favorite part of all of Meryl Streep's outfits was her hair! The silver white color looks amazing on her and the hair cut is just fierce. Of course they dressed her in move classic dresses paired with funky coats and blazers.



Anne is a very beautiful girl and it seems rather difficult to make her look 'ugly' in any of her films. She also tends to go for roles that require some type of make over, which seem fun. I honestly wish that one morning I will wake up and a pile of designer clothes in my room waiting for me to try on.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! Look at us all grown up ::tear::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Good Sir! It makes me want to go to Neverland and taunt Captain Hook with Peter.

    ReplyDelete