Thursday, March 31, 2011

Katy Perry's E.T. Make-up

Katy Perry's new video for E.T featuring Kanye West was released today. Not sure what to make of it just yet, but I do like the fact that it is a step in a different direction than she usually takes in her videos.

I especially love that it takes place in outer-space and she is an alien. Of course this is coming from a girl that took a college course that was called Extraterrestrial Life in hopes of learning more about our little green friends. Little did I know that the name was misleading and we learned nothing about actual aliens or UFOs. What lies! We only discussed UFO's for about 30 minutes, but I digress. 

The make-up and hair in the video are insane. The detailing and colors are mesmerizing and the hours she must have sat in the make-up chair just get half of her face done. Not to mention the weaves, how painful that must have been.

My favorite looks are the very last ones, the colors are just amazing and they are very simple to make do yourself. I feel a make-up play day coming up! There have been a ton of make-up tutorials of how to do the first alien look have popped up on YouTube. If I was daring enough I would try it out myself, but that would also mean that I would have to buy make-up that I would never wear again.





No comments:

Post a Comment