Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wicked Wednesday: Coco Mademoiselle

The commercial of choice for today is the new Chanel's Coco Mademosielle commercial featuring Keira Knightley.  They are promoting it as a short film, but there is no denying that it is just a fancy commercial.

Coco Mademoiselle perfume is one of my favorite perfumes that I own, and from the Chanel line. I'm running a little low and each time I spray it my stomach turns. The worry of using it all up and not being able to buy another one right away torments my dreams. Damn my expensive taste!

Keira is dressed in an amazing beige suede jumpsuit and riding around Italy in a matching motorcycle. Oh and those boots! The jumpsuit would look horrible if it was anyone else, but is perfect for Keira's body type and the color looks great with her skin tone.

In the commercial Keira takes off to a  photo shoot, where she start to play the seducing game with the photographer. You shouldn't be surprised 99.9% of perfume commercial have this same plot. With this in mind, I was rather impressed with the first half of the ad that they kept Keira fully clothed and covered and still managed to make her look sexy.  But I spoke to soon, out of no where she starts unzipping her jumpsuit and before you know it is tossed aside. It is then insinuated the sultry photo shoot would soon end and leaded to more. Did I forget to mention that the photo shoot takes place in a make shift bedroom?

Usually, Chanel commercials don't tend to bother me, because they have a nice romance story tied into, like Nicole Kidman's No. 5 commercial, but for some reason this one just seemed silly to me. It may have been the song, Joss Stone's 'Love', or the come hither look that Keira keeps throwing around. But the fact that the creative director made Keira to be a temptress in the ad does not sit well with me. She takes off her clothes for no reason and gets the photographer all hot and bothered and just bails, because it fun! When I put on Coco Mademiselle I don't have the sudden urge tease a boy.

All around I am disappointed with the out come, I was so looking forward to this commercial actually being good. At least there are gorgeous clothes through out the first first half of and Keira looks flawless as always.


No comments:

Post a Comment