Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wicked Wednesday: Almay Cosmetics

Today I will not be ranting on about how a commercial or advert objectifies women or how awful they are. Instead, I am going to state the one problem that I have with it.

The victim, Almay's new One Coat, Get Up & Grow mascara commercial featuring the lovely Kate Hudson. My problem with it is not that the mascara doesn't work or that they put fake eyelash on Kate (I don't know if any of this is true), but the fact that they over color corrected her eyes to make them radioactive green. On your computer the green isn't as strong as it is on your television, but it is still very noticeable. Yes, Kate does have green eyes and that wearing certain color of clothes and eyeshadow make them pop more.

However, they just seem fake and not very natural. Now, I have a few friends that have a very rich bright green eyes. So maybe it could be the lighting that is making Kate's eyes so green, but to me they to look off.



No comments:

Post a Comment